Ripple Effect is accepting applications for a Biostatistician to support clinical research at the Travis Air Force Base David Grant Medical Center/Clinical Investigation Facility (CIF).
- Duty Location: Travis Air Force Base – Fairfield, California.
- Position Information: Full-Time, Regular, and On Client-Site.
- Vacancy: One Opening.
- Security Level: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position may require occasional travel for work-related meetings.
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position.
- Citizenship: US Citizenship required.
Ripple Effect works with federal, private, and non-profit clients to support some of the most crucial policies and programs that shape our nation. We provide professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. Ripple Effect is an interdisciplinary environment, full of insightful and intentional people who value and reward adaptability, lifelong learning, and authenticity. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team, check out the Careers section of our website.
The Biostatistician will provide statistical services and support, compatible with the Clinical Investigations Facility (CIF). Extensive understanding of biostatistical knowledge and clinical research designs is imperative to provide appropriate guidance for planning, designing and performing clinical research studies, to train staff in principles of research design and statistical interpretation, and to review professional publications and presentations.
Specific duties may include:
- Provide expert guidance to primary investigators on appropriate experimental design:
- Consult with primary investigators to refine research design and analytic plan
- Review proposed research protocols to ensure adequate sample size and statistical analysis
- Provide input and guidance into data collection and data management processes
- Provide input and guidance into the statistical plan and presentation of statistical findings
- Provide data analysis services to primary investigators and other staff members:
- Conduct statistical analysis with given data sets
- Systematically re‐code and clarify data sets to capture the clinical intent of the data
- Utilize appropriate statistical software for data analysis
- Interpret statistical findings with investigators
- Provide training to faculty, residents, students, and other staff members on appropriate research design, data analysis, and data presentation:
- Identify training needs and opportunities for medical center staff
- Develop and present courses on topics, such as the principles of research design, statistical and measurement methods, and other related issues
- Present findings either locally or nationally, as the opportunity or need arises
- Provide administrative support for the management of clinical research operations, as necessary:
- Maintain electronic and paper files of research protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Maintain a status directory of research projects and provide appropriate follow‐up
- Coordinate administrative tasks (scheduling, room reservations, etc.) to support research educational programs
- Other duties, as assigned
- Due to contractual requirements, must be a current US citizen
- Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics, analytics, data science, or related discipline
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- Substitute for advanced degree: BA / BS with at least 9 years of relevant experience
- Must work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize among multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, relying on your own resources and initiative
- Ability to work independently and know when to seek assistance
- Demonstrated strength in verbal and written communication skills, including professional emails
- Ability to work productively in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft SharePoint to accomplish tasks
- Demonstrated strength in communication and teaching skills to conduct trainings
- Proficient in statistical software (e.g., SAS, STATA, and/or SPSS)
- Knowledge of R, SQL, and/or Python
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our Future Rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!