Web Services Developer
Ripple Effect is accepting applications for a Web Services Developer, who will be responsible for administering and reporting on a portfolio of CDMRP's funded research projects.
- Duty Location: Frederick, MD – CDMRP - Fort Detrick
- Position Information: Full-Time, Regular, On Client-site
- Vacancy: One Opening
- Security Level: A security clearance is not required to apply. Applicants, once hired, may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position
- Citizenship: US citizenship required
Ripple Effect works with federal, private, and non-profit clients to support some of the most crucial policies and programs that shape our nation. We provide professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. Ripple Effect is an interdisciplinary environment, full of insightful and intentional people who value and reward adaptability, lifelong learning, and authenticity. To learn more about working at Ripple Effect and our growing team, check out the Careers section of our website.
The Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP), within the Department of Defense, funds biomedical research in response to the expressed needs of its stakeholders -- the American public, the military, and Congress. CDMRP requires an experienced and cohesive team of scientists who can support all aspects of the grant execution and management process. Research includes breast, prostate, ovarian, kidney, and lung cancer, defense health, neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis complex, autism, psychological health/traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury research, bone marrow failure, multiple sclerosis medical imaging, medical informatics, behavioral health, medical simulators, mobile health applications, medical robotics, deployed health, and other medical research programs. CDMRP is responsible for planning, coordinating, integrating, programming, budgeting, and executing these programs.
Ripple Effect is looking to hire a Web Services Developer, capable of working independently to ensure data quality and oversee the data deliverables and exports. We are looking for someone who is comfortable learning new software and knows how to harness technology to accomplish project goals. For this position, the ideal candidate will need to have proven strong interpersonal and management skills, be adept at managing multiple projects, and have excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
Specific Duties may include
- Support data transfer and integration strategies for existing and new system-to-system interfaces for EGS.
- Support will include maintenance of several existing system-to-system interfaces with external organizations, develop and prototype new web services and API's using technologies such as JSON, SOAP, XML to facilitate data exchanges.
- Develop advanced queries, create data models and views.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, business, or related fields
- At least four years of experience
- Experience with JSON, SOAP, XML
- Ability to run SQL queries to compile and analyze data.
- Significant knowledge of database structure including, but not limited to, Oracle, Access, and Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized, efficient, and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and know when to seek assistance
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills, including professional emails
- Desired knowledge and experience with data management and business process engineering
- Ability to create process maps utilizing Visio or other similar software
Our employees are rewarded in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and a range of work/life programs based on employment classification. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Professional development
- Flexible schedules and work location
Vetting and Hiring Process
It is the policy of Ripple Effect that:
- qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
- employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
- applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
- applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our Future Rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!